Over the next few months, I’m hoping to furnish this page with information on:
House & Home:
- Buying and renting property – where to look and how to do it!
- Getting connected to services: Gas, Electricity, Internet
- Getting a mobile phone etc. and other mundane everyday bits and pieces that might be different in a new country.
- Cars / Transport – buying transport in Italy, registering an existing car in Italy, things to be aware of when driving.
- Finances – what to be aware of, currently converting agencies, getting a bank, what taxes do you need to pay
- Finding a job – how to go about it, where to look.
- Pension – more information on how pensions work in Italy – do employers usually contribute, what happens to your pension contributions in the UK?
- Bank holidays – what are they!
Health & Well-being
- Healthcare – understanding how the healthcare works in Italy, how to get a GP, what to do if you’re ill.
- Making friends – where can you go to meet people? Italians and ex-pats alike.
La Dolce Vita
Everything that wasn’t covered in the above to include:
- Getting to grips with the language – language schools