Live in Italy and Do Fun Stuff
The Grand Plan / Vague Direction has so far been going reasonably to plan though it is ever flexible… Previous plan items were to learn Italian, travel Italy a bit, buy a house, teach English and do something fun to make money. How did they go? Well, I’ve there is always space to improve my Italian and now local dialect as I’ve moved to an area where I simply don’t understand anyone if they’re talking amongst each other! I’d love to travel more and hoping to explore Sicily and Puglia this year. I bought a house in Sarnano early last year and that’s been an interesting experience. I did teach English at some local schools but it’s not for me! I also set up a little “Conero Crafts” business, though it has taken a backseat given I’m not so close to Monte Conero now.
So the Grand Plan for 2015 is to:
- Travel Italy – hopefully Sicily and Puglia.
- Do up the house – I’m going through somewhat of an unmotivated phase with the DIY but we need to get on with things in order to….
- Rent out rooms. I could rent out a couple of rooms at a time using something like the www.airbnb.com website.
- Offer “creative breaks”.
- Guidance / support for those moving to Italy.
- Finish my novel – I started last year and now need to shape it into something I wouldn’t be embarrassed if someone else read.
- Make some “frivolity money” – I want to make a bit of extra cash to do fun stuff with. As it is, I feel a bit guilty going on holiday anywhere nice at the moment!
That about sums it up. Ever the Project Manager, I have a detailed spreadsheet outlining about 40 other things to be getting on with! And with that in mind, I better get on with it…